With a mission based on the principles of Total Quality and equally aimed at maintaining the cutting-edge position it has achieved in its markets and guaranteeing in the short, medium and long term the maintenance of its full competitive capacity, ARNALDO CAPRAI società agricola s.r.l. has decided to initiate a programme to achieve certification according to the SOPD Equalitas- SUSTAINABILITY OF THE VINEGROWING SECTOR: ORGANISATIONS, PRODUCTS, DESIGNATIONS OF ORIGIN (SOPD) sustainability standard.
In order to pursue its mission, the company management has established the following general objective: to develop a continuous process and product improvement action, involving all stakeholders in the improvement project, from company personnel to suppliers and the community, pursuing the achievement of the subtle balance between the various requirements, including full customer satisfaction, cost optimisation, personnel and work environment safety, the creation of partnerships with suppliers and the local community, full respect for the environment and the preservation of resources.
For this reason, in addition to complying with current regulations, the company is committed to safeguarding the environment understood both in the broadest sense and as the space in which our company operates, with particular regard to preserving the landscape and biodiversity. The prevention of pollution derives from our awareness that any activity must be sustainable and compatible with the environment in which it is located, so as to constitute an opportunity for the various parties involved (owners, employees and the local community), strive to improve environmental performance, and maintain a fair balance between social, environmental and economic aspects.
- ensure the technical management of the vineyard at a high level
- reduce the use of resources by controlling emissions, discharges, waste generation, the
impacts on the ecosystem and any other effects on the components of the internal and external environment
to the company;
- deepen knowledge and activities for biodiversity and landscape conservation
understood in both a cultural and ecological sense;
- ensure the traceability of products;
- ensure respect and safety at work;
- promote the well-being of all users of the product and visitors to the company and the area
- foster dialogue with their customers, inform and raise awareness among employees about the effects
environmental issues related to their activities, support their own
suppliers on the environmental impact of supplied products
- engaging with stakeholders (local community representatives,
environmental organisations, local government, etc.) in communication activities concerning the
sustainability of production
- ensure the economic sustainability and innovation, as far as possible, of its facilities and
processes to the safest, most modern and effective technologies to reduce the impact on the environment;
- ensure diligent recording of activities